ABT 1800 - Lancaster, VA
BEF 21 JUN 1847 - Lancaster, VA
Michael Wilder Jr.Michael Wilder >> Harriet Wilder >> Luther George >> Gordon George >> Marvin George >> Maida George
Michael Wilder was listed as the head of a family on the Lancaster county census in 1810 and 1820. These would have been Michael's father. In 1810 household family members are listed as; three males under 10, one male 10-15, one male over 45, one female under 10, one female 10-15, one female 16-25 and one female 26-44. The 1820 census lists household members as; two males 10-15, one male 16-25, one male over 45, one female 10-15, one female over 45 and one male slave under 14.
Michael married Nancy Hammond on June 15th, 1824 in Lancaster County. His father died in November or December of that same year. Michael Wilder Sr. left his land to divided between Michael's brothers James and Nathaniel, to Michael he left $100.
I have not located a Michael Wilder listed as the head of a family on the 1830 census.
Michael Wilder is listed on the 1840 census, household members include; one male under 5, one male 15-19, one male 30-39, one female 5-9, two females 30-39, two male slaves 10-23, one male slave 24-35, one male slave 36-54 and one female slave 10-23.
Michael's will was written on March 11th. 1844. The will was probated June 21st, 1847. Michael named William P. Harcum as the administrator of his estate a left specific instructions to pay off any debts and which lands to sell if additional money was needed to pay those debts. He instructed that the balance of the estate should go to his wife Nancy and then to his children.
Michael's burial location is unknown. There is a Wilder Family plot in Irvington where is wife and some of his descendants rest. He may be buried there without a marker.
- Year: 1810; Census Place: Lancaster, Virginia; Roll: 69; Page: 363; Image: 00525; Family History Library Film: 0181429
- 1820 U S Census; Census Place: Lancaster, Virginia; Page: 141; NARA Roll: M33_133; Image: 166
- Year: 1840; Census Place: Lancaster, Virginia; Roll: 564; Page: 122; Image: 304; Family History Library Film: 0029688
- Virginia, Marriages, 1740-1850
- Will Book, 1690-1949 ; General Indexes to Wills, Etc., Ca. 1700-1977; Author: Virginia. County Court (Lancaster County); Probate Place: Lancaster, Virginia
- "Lancaster, Virginia, United States Records," images, FamilySearch (https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3QS7-L9XF-JNP4 : January 21, 2021), image 278 of 386; Lancaster County (Virginia). County Clerk.