ABT 1835 - Lancaster, VA
ABT 1855 - Lancaster, VA
Harriet Ann WilderHarriet Wilder >> Luther George >> Gordon George >> Marvin George >> Maida George
Harriet's father died about 1848 and on the 1850 census she is the oldest of four siblings living with her mother. Nancy is the head of the household and her land is valued at $1787. Also living with her family is 22 year old Zamoth George, he is listed as a farmer.
Zamoth and Harriet were married on March 3rd, 1851. They were married in Lancaster by minister Cyrus Doggett. Their son, Luther H. George was born in January the following year. Harriet did not live long after, she may even have died during childbirth.
Harriet's burial spot is unknown for certain. Marvin L. George believed that the Wilder's lived near Foxwells on a piece of land that came to be known as the Treakle property, he thought that Harriet could have been buried in a old graveyard there that was overgrown and missing markers in 1990. With more documents uncovered I think the Wilders were always at Carter's Creek and Harriet may have been buried in the Wilder Cemetery but her marker no longer exists.
- Year: 1850; Census Place: Lancaster, Virginia; Roll: M432_955; Page: 289A; Image: 107
- Virginia, Marriages, 1740-1850
- Virginia, Select Marriages, 1785-1940
- Marvin Lewis George, Family History Scrapbook
- "Lancaster, Virginia, United States Records," images, FamilySearch (https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3QS7-99XF-JN4N : October 24, 2020), image 383 of 386; Lancaster County (Virginia). County Clerk.