ABT 1792 - Northumberland, VA
4 NOV 1861 - Richmond, VA
Rebbecca RogersRebbecca Rogers >> Joseph Haynie >> John Haynie >> Morgan Haynie >> Maida Haynie >> Savilla Bush >> Maida George
There seems to have been two Hiram Haynies around at the time. There is a record of a Hiram Haynie marrying Millicent Hays in Northumberland in 1822, but I don't think they are related. Both Hiram Haynies are listed in the 1820 census in Northumberland. Household members in the one I believe to be a match were; one male 10-15, one male 26-44, one female under 10 and two females 16-25. Two slaves were listed; one female under 14 and one female 14-25. The other Haynie family listed many more children and 19 total slaves.
In 1830 the only Hiram Haynie listed in the area was in Richmond county. Household members were; one male under 5, two males 5-9, one male 15-19, one male 30-39, one female 10-14, one female 20-29 and one female 30-39. No slaves listed.
In 1840 there is a Hiram Haynie listed in Northumberland, but he does not appear to match. Our Hiram Haynie probably died before 1850 or even before 1840. In the 1850 census year Rebbecca is listed as living with her son Joseph in Richmond county. Her birthplace was given as Northumberland and her age was marked as 54.
Rebbecca also appeared on the 1860 census living with her son Joseph and his family in Richmond county. Her age was marked as 75 (a likely error). Joseph had several children listed including a son name Hiram.
Rebbecca died the following year. According to Virginia, Deaths and Burials Index, 1853-1917 she passed away on November 4th, 1861 in Richmond county at the age of 63. She was marked as a widow. Her burial location is unknown.
We are descended from Rebbecca Rogers along two lines. When John Elbert Bush and Maida Ruth Haynie married in 1922 they were 3rd cousins once removed. John was the grandson of Rebecca's daughter, Nancy. Maida was great-granddaughter of Rebecca's son, Joseph.
- 1820 U S Census; Census Place: Northumberland, Virginia; Page: 31; NARA Roll: M33_141; Image: 43
- 1830; Census Place: Richmond, Virginia; Series: M19; Roll: 194; Page: 93; Family History Library Film: 0029673
- Year: 1850; Census Place: Farnham Parish, Richmond, Virginia; Roll: M432_972; Page: 172A; Image: 342
- Year: 1860; Census Place: Richmond, Virginia; Roll: M653_1374; Page: 355; Family History Library Film: 805374
- Virginia, Marriages, 1740-1850
- Virginia, Deaths and Burials Index, 1853-1917