ABT 1776 - Somerset, MD
AFT 1860 - Accomack, VA
Molly RoachMolly Roach >> Emeline Thomas >> Susan Barnes >> Eddie Barnes >> Thelma Barnes >> Frances Franklin >> Mark Dameron
Molly married to John Thomas on June 3rd, 1800 in Somerset. He was the son of Levin Thomas and Sarah Wingate. They went on to have six children.
On March 2nd, 1802 Molly was mentioned in her father's will as Molly Thomas. She received $50, one cow and one calf. John Thomas was named as the executor of his father-in-law's estate.
By 1826 John and family were living in Accomack County, Virginia at Grotons.
On the 1850 census John Thomas Sr, age 70, and his wife Molly, age 74, were living with their daughter Emeline and her husband James Barnes in Accomack Parish.
John died before September 25th, 1855 in Accomack. On that date that John R. Drummond was named to settle the estate of John Thomas. Louis D. Drummond & Oliver P. Drummond were the securities.
Molly was still living with her daughter Emeline during the 1860 census. Her age was given as 90.
No further records are known for Molly.
- Year: 1850; Census Place: Accomack, Accomack, Virginia; Roll: M432_932; Page: 56A; Image: 117
- Year: 1860; Census Place: Accomack Parish, Accomack, Virginia; Roll: M653_1330; Page: 55; Family History Library Film: 805330
- Miles Files, Eastern Shore Public Library
- Roy C. Pollitt, Somerset Co, MD, Marriage Records, 1796-1871.
- Somerset Co Deeds N(0-34), p26.
- Ruth T. Dryden, Somerset County, MD, Will Book EB 23, 1800-1820, p. 14 (will of Jonathan Roach, wife Esebel).
- Barry W. Miles & Moody K. Miles III, Accomack Co, VA, Wills & Administrations, 1800-1860, p. 537 (adm. of John Thomas).
- Jonathan Roach
- Isabel Lawson
Spouse & Children:
- Revel Roach
- John Roach
- Nancy Roach
- Rebbecca Roach
- Betsy Roach
- Caty Roach
- Sally Roach
- Samuel Roach