ABT 1759 - Northumberland, VA
ABT 1831 - Northumberland, VA
Luke DameronLuke Dameron >> Ann Dameron >> Richard Fallin >> Mildred Fallin >> Elton Dameron >> Ralph Dameron >> Mark Dameron
When Luke's father, William, died in 1785 he left to Luke in his will a farm that he had purchased in Westmoreland county and a slave named Watts.
Luke married Jemima Hudson in September of 1794. She was the widow of Matthew Harrison and daughter of John Corbin Hudson and Jemima Self. Luke and Jemima had at least one daughter, Ann, born about 1806.
In November 1798 Luke purchased 60 acres of land from John Hall for 90 pounds current money of Virginia. The land was described as bordering a swamp commonly known as Wicomico swamp as well as lands of George Cox, Thomas Claughton and Sutton Hall. In April of the following year Luke and Jemimah sold 50 acres for 45 pounds to his brother George Dameron. The land was desribed as being purchased by Luke from his bother Roger and left to Roger in the will of their father, William Dameron. Luke signed this deed by writing his name out, Jemimah signed with a mark.
During the War of 1812 both a Luke Dameron and a Luke Dameron Jr were listed as members of the 37th VA Militia in Northumberland County - both as privates in Henderson & Beacham Companies respectively.
Luke Dameron was listed as the head of family in the 1810 and 1820 census records for Northumberland county. In 1810 household members were listed as; one male 10-15, one male over 45, three females under 10, one female 10-15, one females 16-25 and one female 26-44. In 1820 the family members were listed as; one male 10-15, one male over 45, two females 10-15, two females 16-25, one female over 45 and one male slave under 14.
Luke Dameron died about 1831. According to Northumberland County records Luke died without a will and his estate was administered by the sheriff, Joseph Ball. On May 14th, 1833 Ball was paid $25.85 plus interest accrued since 1831 for administrating the estate.
- Year: 1810; Census Place: Richmond, Northumberland, Virginia; Roll: 70; Page: 977; Image: 00297; Family History Library Film: 0181430
- 1820 U S Census; Census Place: Northumberland, Virginia; Page: 26; NARA Roll: M33_141; Image: 38
- Virginia, Marriages, 1740-1850
- The Dameron-Damron Geneology, Helen Foster Snow
- Virginia, Wills and Probate Records, 1652-1983
- For Love of Family, Peter T. Baron Jr., 2012
- Northumberland County Record Book 15, Pgs. 544 & 581.
- Bulletin of the Northumberland County Historical Society. Heathsville, Va: Northumberland County Historical Society, 1994. Print. Pg. 40.
- George Dameron
- Roger Dameron
- William Dameron
- Christopher Dameron
- Elizabeth Dameron
- Female Dameron