5 JUN 1862 - Richmond, VA
18 JUL 1911 - Richmond, VA
Laura Alice SissonLaura Sisson >> Louise Bryant >> Ralph Dameron >> Mark Dameron
On the 1870 census Richard and Charlotte appear together with Fannie age 9 and Laura age 7 and also the girls half-sister Almira age 8 months. Richard is a farmer with real estate worth $400 and personal property of $100. The census page lists their nearest post office as Warsaw.
On the 1880 census Laura age 17, still lives at home and is marked as having attended school that year. She has several new step-siblings that were born in the previous ten years.
Laura married Columbus Taylor Bryant on February 24, 1887 at her father’s home. The couple had eight children, all but one surviving into adulthood. The census of 1900 shows them living in the Washington township of Richmond County. Columbus or “Lum” as he became known is listed as a farmer. Sons Wilton and Richard are noted as being enrolled in school. Oscar and Emory are noted as twins. Iva and Milford’s names are also listed. The census notes that Laura has given birth to 7 children and 6 are still living.
The 1910 census shows Laura and Columbus still in Washington township. It also shows her last child as being born, Frances Louise. Lum is shown owning his home mortgage free.
On July 18, 1911 Laura passed away at the age of 49. She was buried at Totuskey Baptist Church. Columbus lived another 22 years without remarrying, when he died he was buried with Laura.
- Year: 1870; Census Place: Farnham, Richmond, Virginia; Roll: M593_1674; Page: 208B; Image: 351868; Family History Library Film: 553173
- Year: 1880; Census Place: Farnham, Richmond, Virginia; Roll: 1386; Family History Film: 1255386; Page: 397B; Enumeration District: 096
- Year: 1900; Census Place: Washington, Richmond, Virginia; Roll: 1725; Page: 16A; Enumeration District: 0074; FHL microfilm: 1241725
- Year: 1910; Census Place: Washington, Richmond, Virginia; Roll: T624_1643; Page: 6B; Enumeration District: 0108; FHL microfilm: 1375656
- U.S., Find A Grave Index, 1600s-Current
- Virginia, Select Marriages, 1785-1940
Spouse & Children:
- Fannie Ann Carrie Sisson
- Richardanna Sisson