ABT 1780 - Accomack, VA
BEF 25 FEB 1856 - Accomack, VA
Isaiah Justice, Jr.Isaiah Justice >> Sallie Justice >> Edward Barnes >> Eddie Barnes >> Thelma Barnes >> Frances Franklin >> Mark Dameron
Isaiah, Jr. married Sarah "Sally" Lewis on January 17th, 1803 in Accomack County. She was the daughter of William Lewis and Tabitha Parks. They went on to have at least eight children, seven of whom were named in their father's will.
The early census records in Accomack do not provide a good match for Isaiah, Jr. The first year that appears to match is 1830. Household family members were counted as; two males 5-9, two males 10-14, one male 15-19, one male 20-29, one male 40-49, one female under 5, one female 5-9, one female 15-19, one female 20-29 and one female 30-39.
The 1840 census record counted members of the Isaiah Justice household as; one male 5-9, one male 15-19, one male 20-29, one male 50-59, one female 10-14, one female 15-19 and one female 50-59.
Isaiah wrote his will on September 8th, 1849. He left to his wife Sally, "my Island whereon I now reside & all my personal property". He instructed that when Sally died or married that the Island be sold to the highest bidder among his children and the proceeds be divided between the other children; "William Justice, Tabitha Mason, John Justice, Samuel Justice, Revell Justice, Sally Barnes & Polly Justice." He signed his will by making a mark.
In the 1850 census Isaiah is listed as age 60, a farmer with real estate valued at $500. Sarah is listed as 55 and being unable to read or write. No children are living with them.
Isaiah's will was probated on February 25th, 1856 in Accomack County court.
- Virginia Will and Probate Records
- Miles Files 18.1 - http://espl-genealogy.org
- 1830; Census Place: Accomack Parish, Accomack, Virginia; Series: M19; Roll: 192; Page: 339; Family History Library Film: 0029671
- Year: 1840; Census Place: Accomack, Virginia; Page: 18; Family History Library Film: 0029683
- Year: 1850; Census Place: Accomack, Accomack, Virginia; Roll: M432_932; Page: 72B; Image: 151
- "Accomack, Virginia, United States Records," images, FamilySearch (https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3QS7-89ZG-W34Q : January 17, 2021), image 124 of 774; Accomack County (Virginia). County Clerk.
- Isaiah Justice, Sr.
Spouse & Children:
- Sarah Justice