26 SEP 1838 - Northumberland, VA
17 DEC 1886 - Westmoreland, VA
Frances J. DawsonFrances Dawson >> John Allen >> Bessie Allen >> Thelma Barnes >> Frances Franklin >> Mark Dameron
On the 1850 census Frances is living with her parents and six older brothers in Northumberland. Her father is a farmer with real estate valued at $4,000. The three oldest brothers work as sailors.
Frances married William H. Allen about 1856.
On the 1860 census the family appears in Westmoreland County near the Kinsale Post Office. William works as a farmer. His real estate is valued at $3,300 and personal property at $3,370. Children listed are J.P. Allen 4 M, M.J. Allen 2 F, and Infant Allen 8 months F. W. Pressel also lives with them, he is listed as a laborer.
On the 1870 census the family is still in Westmoreland County, now serviced by the Nominy Grove Post Office. William Allen's wealth has taken at hit, most likely because of the war, his estate is now valued at $1,000 and personal property at $150.
Frances died December 17th, 1886 according to her tombstone. She was buried at Carmel Methodist Church. William died 15 years later and was buried with her.
- Year: 1850; Census Place: District 7, Northumberland, Virginia; Roll: M432_965; Page: 320A; Image: 98
- Year: 1860; Census Place: Eastern District, Westmoreland, Virginia; Roll: M653_1383; Page: 1043; Family History Library Film: 805383
- Year: 1870; Census Place: Cople, Westmoreland, Virginia; Roll: M593_1681; Page: 219A; Image: 55235; Family History Library Film: 553180
- U.S., Find A Grave Index, 1600s-Current
- Virginia, Select Marriages, 1785-1940
Spouse & Children:
- William Dawson
- Daniel Dawson
- Benjamin Dawson
- Lewis Dawson
- David Dawson
- Joseph Dawson