1808 - Port Royal, Caroline, VA
ABT 1862 - King George, VA
Frances Byron DouglasFrances Douglas >> Alice Jones >> Alice Jett >> Gordon George >> Marvin George >> Maida George
Frances married Stanfield Jones of Shiloh in King George. His first wife had died of typhoid fever just months after their wedding. They were married January 31st, 1829. Stanfield and Frances had four to six children.
Stanfield appears in the 1830 census as the head of a family in King George. Household members were one male 20-29, one female under 5, one female 20-29 and one male slave under 10.
The 1840 census lists Stanfield's household members as; one male under 5, one male 30-39, one female 10-14, one female 30-39, one male slave under 10 and one female slave 10-23.
The 1850 census lists Stanfield as a carpenter with real estate valued at $1,000. He is marked as unable to read or write. He and Frances are both listed as 42. Children are; Lawson 17, Columbia 12 and Robert 8. Also living with them is John Grayson, age 12.
The 1860 census again lists Stanfield as a carpenter. His real estate is appraised at $3,000 and his personal estate at $2,000. Children listed are; Robert, Lawson, Virgina and Frances. Both of the sons are listed as working on the farm. John Grayson is still living with them, his race is mulatto and he is working on the farm too.
Frances died sometime before 1862, and is thought to be buried in the family plot at their home site.
- The Jett and Allied Families, Jeter Lee Jett, 1977, Gateway Press Inc.
- Virginia, Marriages, 1740-1850
- 1830; Census Place: King George, Virginia; Series: M19; Roll: 194; Page: 62; Family History Library Film: 0029673
- Year: 1840; Census Place: King George, Virginia; Roll: 564; Page: 47; Family History Library Film: 0029688
- Year: 1850; Census Place: King George, King George, Virginia; Roll: M432_954; Page: 220B; Image: 439
- Year: 1860; Census Place: King George, Virginia; Roll: M653_1356; Page: 388; Family History Library Film: 805356
- "Caroline, Virginia, United States Records," images, FamilySearch (https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3QS7-89XF-C99W-W : January 14, 2021), image 79 of 640; Caroline County (Virginia). County Clerk.