1 MAY 1694 - Richmond, VA
BEF 6 JUL 1778 - Richmond, VA
Elizabeth DewElizabeth Dew >> Epaphroditus Sydnor >> John Sydnor >> Epaphroditus Sydnor >> John Sydnor >> Nancy Sydnor >> Fairfax Lewis >> Orah Lewis >> Marvin George >> Maida George
Elizabeth married Anthony Sydnor in May of 1710 and they had at least 10 children. The names and dates for most of the children of Elizabeth and Anthony were discovered in 1927 by F.W. Sydnor in an old Bible dated 1725 that was owned by Sydnor Belfield of "Chesnut Hill" near Warsaw in Richmond County.
The family lived in the area of Richmond County around Totuskey Creek. Anthony was named surveyor of highways in Richmond County in 1722. In 1729 he received a land grant for 35 acres in Richmond County. Anthony acquired many properties in Richmond County and from his will seemed to keep slaves and livestock at many of them.
Anthony wrote his will on September 27th, 1759. He left first his dwelling plantation to their grandson John Sydnor son of Epaphroditus Sydnor, deceased. To Elizabeth, Anthony left eight slaves and the use of the dwelling plantation for the rest of her life before it would go to their grandson.
Elizabeth wrote her will on August 25th, 1777. The text of the will is badly faded but the names of some children and grandchildren are recognizable. The will was proven on July 6th, 1778.
- Richmond County Wills & Inventories Vol. 6. Pg. 164.
- Richmond County Wills & Inventories Vol. 7. Pg. 304.
- King, George H. S. The Registers of North Farnham Parish, 1663-1814, and Lunenburg Parish, 1783-1800, Richmond County, Virginia. Fredericksburg, Va: G.H.S. King, 1966. Print. pg. 179.
- Thompson, Sydnor "Sydnor of Virginia" Northern Neck of Virginia Historical Magazine. 20.1 (1970). Print.
- Thompson, Sydnor. The Sydnor Family Saga: The English Forebears and American Descendants of Fortunatus Sydnor (ca. 1640-Ca. 1682), the Immigrant. Charlotte, N.C: S. Thompson, Jr, 2000. Print.
- Wright, F. Edward. Richmond County, Virginia: Marriage References and Family Relationships 1692-1800. Colonial Roots, 2015. pg. 263.
- Dorman, John F. Adventurers of Purse and Person : Virginia 1607-1624/5: Volume Three Families R-Z. Baltimore, MD: Genealogical Pub. Co, 2007. Print. Pg. 663.
Spouse & Children:
- Thomas Dew
- Mary Dew
- Ann Dew