13 JUL 1784 - St. Stephen's, Northumberland, VA
Barbara WhiteBarbara White >> Reuben Bryant >> Columbus Bryant >> Louise Bryant >> Ralph Dameron >> Mark Dameron
Jesse served in the War of 1812 as a private in the 37th Regiment of the Virginia Militia. He probably did not see combat.
The 1830 census shows the Jesse Bryant family in Northumberland County. Three white males 10-14, 1 white male 15-19, 1 white male 50-59, 1 female 5-9, 1 female 15-19 and 1 female 40-49 are listed.
Jesse died in 1844. His will was probated in March of 1845. It mentions his wife Barbara.
In the 1850 census Barbara is shown living with her son Reuben. Her age was given as 66, she reported being born in Richmond County, and was marked as being unable to read or write.
Barbara died in 1859. Her burial location is unknown.
- "Northumberland, Virginia, United States Records," images, FamilySearch (https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3QS7-99P6-T5B3 : September 9, 2020), image 105 of 170; Virginia. County Court (Northumberland County).
- Virginia, Marriages, 1740-1850
- For Love of Family, Peter T. Baron, Jr. (2012)
- 1830; Census Place: Northumberland, Virginia; Series: M19; Roll: 201; Page: 192; Family History Library Film: 0029680
- Year: 1850; Census Place: Farnham Parish, Richmond, Virginia; Roll: M432_972; Page: 171A; Image: 340
Spouse & Children:
- Phillip White
- Ezekiel White
- George White
- William White
- Salley White