Ann KentAnn Kent >> Anna Clark >> Apphia Sisson >> George Franklin >> Frances Franklin >> Mark Dameron
Ann married Hempsel Clark in Lancaster County on October 3rd, 1838. They went on to have at least one child, Anna Elizabeth, born November 14th, 1839.
Hempsel Clark is listed as a family head on the 1840 census for Richmond County. Household members are listed as; one white male 30-34, one white female under 5, one white female 20-30 and one white female 30-40.
On the 1850 census the family in Northumberland County, 7th District. Hempsel's occupation is given as overseer and age as 40. Ann is 39 and their daughter Ann is 10 and attending school. Also listed with them is Patsy Clark age 21, she could have been a sibling. Hempsel had no real estate listed.
The 1870 census shows Hempsel and Ann are listed in the Washington Township of Richmond County, served by the Warsaw Post Office. Hempsel works as a farmer, his land is valued at $5,000 and his other property at $1,000. Living with them are a number of children who do no appear to belong to the couple; Emma Sisson 14, Andrew F. Sisson 10, Lou Jeter Sisson 7, and Jeter F. Brown 14 and working as a laborer. The first three appear to grandchildren belonging to their daughter Anna Elizabeth who had married John T. Sisson. Emma and Andrew were both marked as attending school.
Ann died sometime around 1878 or 1879. Her burial location is unknown and was probably near their home.
- Year: 1840; Census Place: Richmond, Virginia; Roll: 575; Page: 56; Family History Library Film: 0029691
- Year: 1850; Census Place: District 7, Northumberland, Virginia; Roll: M432_965; Page: 331A; Image: 120
- Year: 1870; Census Place: Washington, Richmond, Virginia; Roll: M593_1674; Page: 257B; Image: 520; Family History Library Film: 553173
- Virginia, Marriages, 1740-1850
- Virginia, Select Marriages, 1785-1940
- For Love of Family, Peter T. Baron Jr, 2012